Monday, December 6, 2010

On a Rainy Sunday

The day started late with me waking around 08:30. When my mind came into senses the first thing I looked around was for the mosquitoes inside my net. These days this has been a routine. To fight back against the commando mosquitoes who sneak into the net during the course of night. Today was better as there was only one which was too careless to move even when it saw my hand coming towards it. 
May be it would have over worked and filled its belly than the normal dose of blood. Straight from bed to kitchen where the mirror smiles at me. Rain which started from Friday night was still pouring. I kept the kettle on the stove for my morning black coffee. After brushing teethes were shining as in the advt. I add a half spoon of coffee powder to the boiling water and few spoons of sugar make my coffee the best in planet earth.
I sip the coffee reading the news paper. After a quick round I finish off my coffee and rush towards the shower because time is 09:00 and I am already late for office. I finish off my shower and start by 09:30. Experience I gained from last few days had taught me what to wear and how to ride the bike on a rainy day. 
I took the blue rain coat laying on the dark corner of the hall untouched my any one in my room. The old tracks were of great use. I kept my Jean and T-shirt inside my bag. With helmet the makeup was complete. It was drizzling and the drops kept my glasses always covered to ensure that my visibility was less than 70%. I drove all the 20 km to office in 40 mins. At office a quick change of dress and the corporate guy in me was born. Been a Sunday the work load was less and thus the rain seemed more beautiful.  Around 04:00 I finished my Tea and started from office with the change of dress from the corporate back to a rain driver.
But this time it was not just a drizzle but it was raining. My visibility was less than 40%. But the good part was glasses were always kept clean by the continuous downpour. The 20km back home took nearly an hour.  My speedometer needle was ranging between 35-40 Km/hr.  Rain gave my bike continuous free water service. I was wet from head to toe expect the bag which was hidden inside the rain coat. Been wet, brought insane ideas in me to which I surrendered at last. I decided to go to beach. I kept my bag in my home and drove towards the beach imagining a bare beach with rain beating hard against the raising sea tides. But I was flabbergasted to see a flock of insane fellow humans on beach. 

A couple was sitting on the cement embankment without even a rain coat. They were enjoying the warmth of love been wet. Few guys were playing cricket. Few even dared to have a bath in the roaring sea. The sea had swallowed a part of beach were we used to play football on Sunday mornings. I couldn’t see more than 10 meters into sea. The rain drew a curtain of mystery on the sea. Even with the rain the business was spurring on beach with hot items calling the wet customers. I had a 50 rupee and a 5 rupee note folded in a plastic cover kept in my pocket. But I had no intention to mix the food with water as I was without a shade and the downpour hardened. There were cars parked on the road adjacent to the beach. People were peacefully enjoying the dark clouds. 


I decided to take a walk on beach. After the refreshing wet walk I joined the couple and sat with them enjoying the rain. Time was 06:30 by now. I kissed the sea and waved a signoff. On the way back home I had a hot tea and my 5 rupee was exchanged for that. Back home I had a quick shower and then into warm clothes as half of my body was still numb. The rainy Sunday could have been better. What a day was it? 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Santosh Jain --

Everyone loves the rain. The falling of rain on the ground and the smell
of wet mud!! but here in chennai its a different case :) Very few can resist the temptation of going out when it's
pouring as u did. There are so many things to do on a rainy day watching the rain sitting by the
window with a hot coffee would be wonderful... Nicely said and u enjoyed your rainy day.

sreesha said...

Rain is the poem of the earth.It fills the human mind with enthusiasm,happiness and a lot more which help him to proceed forward.the gently falling rain fills the minds of human with fresh thoughts.on overall it cherishes human souls.the way u expressed ur thoughts were inexplicably beautiful
and iam glad that still in some corners of this world people have time explore beauty of god's creativity.

Pri said...

reminds me of a quote "the best thing to do when its raining is to let it rain" :)

very nicely expressed...who doesnt love the rains and the magic they bring along?


Love in the times of samsung galaxy tab
check this out and do vote for it (promote it on indiblogger) if you like it...

cheers!

Yash said...

I absolutely loved your description of the rains.
I personally had the experience of visiting a beach during the rains. It was amazing. Just as you've described it. :)

Please read & promote my post on IndiVine-

The Tablet Revolutionary

Yash said...

I absolutely loved your description of the rains.
I personally had the experience of visiting a beach during the rains. It was amazing. Just as you've described it. :)

Please read & promote my post on IndiVine-

The Tablet Revolutionary

Yash said...

I absolutely loved your description of the rains.
I personally had the experience of visiting a beach during the rains. It was amazing. Just as you've described it. :)

Please read & promote my post on IndiVine-

The Tablet Revolutionary