Wednesday, December 1, 2010

When I thought 19th was 18th


I was excited about going for the session. I had planned this before a long time. I payed my registry fee of 100 rupees and waited for the day with Hands folded. I charged the batteries for my Camera as a cam without batteries would be the last thing expected for such a session. On the morning for session I woke around 6:00 am. The sky was not as cloudy as it used to be. The birds were singing their chorus. I woke with the excitement in my heart. 

The energy was pumping in. I selected my dress, pressed it and kept it ready. Now I had to take a quick shower and get ready. As I stay at Thiruvanmayur I have to travel almost an hour to reach Nungambakkam. So I was planning to start around 7:00 which would give me ample time for having breakfast too. The shower refreshed me and the pressed clothes made me feel good. I collected the batteries from the charger. I took my camera. Kept everything in my bag. Before starting I went through the printout of the email that I had taken. Everything was fine. I had a pulse to check the date in my watch and it showed 19th. But the mail showed 18th.I couldn’t believe what had happened. But the truth was I had missed the first photography session scheduled for 18th Saturday. There was no point in regretting. But still the mistake haunted me. The freak accident left me in blues with a full Sunday to unfold.
Moral: Always check the day not just the date.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

good one....good moral too

Sandy said...

good one....good moral too