Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mustache


 
When I was in my 8th grade I got the first few mustache hairs that started growing from no where. That was first few signs of my transition from childhood to adolescence. A beautiful stage of life where you are a rebel for no reason, you are shy to talk, you start getting the first pimples, you are concerned with your dress, you start having your little secrets and the first time you start consciously looking into mirror to see how you look like. Within few months I got few more hairs getting added to my mustache or at least it started becoming visible when you look at me from 100 meters away. It was fun but I was conscious of it. Then time flew like the morning sun and I was in my 12th grade and by that time there was significant improvement though it was still like a thin line like in the movies created during the 60’s.

 
 When I joined college I realized that my mustache was an under performer as my batch mates had strong, thick mustaches. This made me more conscious of my mustache and I started thinking of ways to accelerate the growth. People recommend that I need to shave every day so that it grows faster, but I was too reluctant to remove my little mustache. I couldn’t find any cream or tablet to accerlate the growth. During those days I went to Sabrimala and a street vendor called me and recommend 'karadi ney’ (fat from Bears skin) to be applied on my face and that could accelerate the growth. I believe this belief came under the impression that since bear have plenty of body hairs applying its fat could replicate that kind of hair growth on humans. Whatever the belief was that blew up my pride on my little mustache into thin air and made me look more conscious. Soon life at college started picking up and I started realizing that life was much more than a mustache and it was always better to keep a french beard than just a mustache. So I started trimming my beard and mustache to create a french beard. Then I realized that I did not have a connection between my mustache and my lower beard. The idea was simple, get a black marker and put some dots and connect it. I did that few days and then soon I lost interest in walking that extra mile alone. By the time I passed out of my college I had a french beard that was not best but it was good on me or in other words I considered that as the best. As years went by and now when I look back to those days I feel how foolish I was to think so much on it as I should have realized that it had a natural cycle to follow and I just had to wait through it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dude.
whats the final result. Did it help or no. Did that thing give you thick and many facial hair,..