Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Music Tree


 

So this tree is near the window of my dining room. It has been there for a while. It’s not big or its not small and I am not sure of what species it is. All I know is that it’s near to my window and got lot of leaves on during summer which during fall slowly change color from green to gray and when winter knocks they detach from the branch and free float in the moving breeze to rest on the cold soil. For most of the season these green leaves acts as a backdrop for my window apart from it also shades our dining table from the morning Sun when we have the breakfast. During July-August when the summer is retreating to mostly a mix of rain and sun it blooms with bright pink flowers and that’s the time the she is most beautiful. The branches swing in the passing breeze like each flower singing a song to other. Those days the backdrop of my window changes from just green to a mix of green and pink with pink been the predominant shade and I love it.

So as time passed by the winter went over and by the time I got out from the hangover of new year spring stood before me with the barren tree breathing life by getting dressed in sprouting green leaves. As days passed during April I started hearing strange noises during times when it was quite at home. Often I came from room expecting an uncalled visitor in my dining or living room but never found one. The days passed by and during nights when the whole world was stand still I could hear these crawling sounds that brought back the memories from all the horror movies that i had watched. One evening when I was sipping my black tea sitting in dinning room I saw this peeping tom kissing my windows when the wind gave it a lift. A branch of the tree had grown by and started touching my windows whenever it could get a hitch from the passing wind. Soon I realized that she was the one using my windows to play the music and ensure I noticed her. The music soon became part of my life and I started enjoying it. Then on a Monday in May when I came back home at evening I realized that something was missing and the dining room was brighter than usual. The backdrop had been removed and the sun rays were enjoying the block free entry to our dining area. The tree had been cut as part of annual maintenance except for the stem that was left out to start a whole new chapter. Now whenever I sit by my dining area I miss the backdrop as well the whole house misses the music which we were enjoying. But for every dark night there is a bright day ahead. I will enjoy the sunshine now and wait for her to grow back to what she has been and again to hear the music which she had excelled at.

1 comment:

navya said...

Hi, I am Navya from Pocket FM (https://www.pocketfm.in/) we offer audiobooks, audiobook summaries. We have similar audiobooks as your articles. So we want to offer you audiobooks. Pls mail me at navya.sree@pocketfm.in for further discussions.